Saturday, May 23, 2009

Lancaster City

It's really good to be home. Last weekend was Music Friday in Lancaster, and my friends Katie Becker and Cliff Lewis each played a set of music with their bands at Building Character, a neat grass-roots venue with a really cool vibe that started up just at the beginning of the new year. It was tons of fun to simply hang out with people and not have to play music - just enjoy it.
After the concert a bunch of us went across the street to The Belvedere, where our friend Matthew Monticchio was playing jazz with a bassist and drummer up in the martini lounge. I brought my video camera along and managed to get some footage of them playing (and riffing off of) Duke Ellington's tune 'In a Sentimental Mood'. It was a great night and it's good to be back in community again.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Thanks for checking out my website. I enjoyed listening to your music while visiting your family in Daytona Beach! Yes, rammed earth is a bit different from the mud blocks you mentioned (although I imagine the locations of the houses are probably more responsible for the houses being washed away than the material used to build them). Please let me know if you are in the area again. Apologies for not getting back to you last time.