Monday, February 22, 2010

Blogging for the sake of Doing it.

I'm an introvert, and I like to think. Which also means that sometimes I don't have a whole lot to say - I think it all through and come to my own conclusions and am happy with them.

Some people think while they write - I think of songwriters called 'prolific', and it strikes me that they must be those kind of people. The trouble is, I don't like most of their songs. I'd prefer to create good work rather than lots of so-so. I think we're always creating - I guess the real difference between someone like me and prolific songwriters is that I'm a lot more shy about presenting what i have created. I have a few gems, things I'm polishing, and the offal. I try not to show people my offal.

I suppose I can apply that to blogging. When I don't have much to say I just don't say anything. Especially since there's so much pressure to get and maintain a following. Maybe this is the introvert in me - I'd rather just create and release music periodically, and not have to write about it. But blogging is really more about journaling. You just have to keep it up over a long period of time, no matter what else you do. Sounds like a lot of other things in life. Hopefully this builds character. or something.

1 comment:

David said...

This is a great post Hiram. Thank you :)