Friday, October 02, 2009

Massachusetts

Boston in the fall. This sounds like it could easily be a James Taylor album title. Or a line from that beloved Veggie Tales song. Take your pick. It was still fall when I drove to my brother's place in Easthampton, though it soon got warmer and then colder again. Still trying to make up its mind. I discovered that CSAs are quite the rage in New England, and we went to another where I picked raspberries with my nieces (2 and 4) and sister-in-law, avoided the big dogs and answered question after question about the world around us. That's one of the great things about kids - always curious!
I visited my friend Hannah at Gordon College, north of Boston, and had a great time wandering around the campus. She showed me all the buildings and talked about her experiences in school thus far. I forgot my camera while she was showing me around, so the video is a hurried return to a few of the main spots we visited.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YhmcLHDwLw
Back in Easthampton I went out with my brother's family for dinner at the Apollo Grill. Easthampton is undergoing a revitalization along with Northampton and surrounding towns, and just across the road from where my brother lives is an old factory that has been renovated. The Eastworks building holds numerous galleries and small shops, along with the Apollo Grill, which has some great food and really fun decor! Definitely stop by if you're in the area.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj1hFzGEkB8

No comments: