Saturday, April 26, 2008

Tyssedal Hotell

Yesterday and today I've been doing some maintenance for my Uncle. As I mentioned before, he has a few apartments. One block is a set of four small townhomes, and one of the families that is living there had a few minor things that needed fixing. My Uncle claims to be all thumbs when it comes to that sort of thing, so he's hiring me to take care of them. It's good to be able to work with my hands on my own time.
S7302025.JPG The apartment/townhome I was working on, along with the bad board in the deck that I was replacing, is down the hill and across the way from where my uncle lives. I passed by the 'Hotell Tyssedal' as I made several trips with tools and other equipment, not having quite got a handle on where everything is. This hotel is a beautiful retreat spot. The art on the walls is all original, so it doubles as a gallery. I'll have to see if I can take some pictures inside. There are a few other great spots for tourists in the area, and my uncle thinks this place has great potential for tourism. Only time will tell, I guess.
S7302018.JPG Here's a shot (right) looking from the path behind the hotel as I come down from my uncle's house. The hotel is in the foreground, and we're looking north along the fjord.S7302026.JPG The picture on the left is of the 'festivitet' building, which is basically used for community events in the town of Tyssedal. I'll be trying to take some shots of these places as the lighting changes, just to see what works best. I'll also be exploring all the great tourist spots (and others not so well-known) while I'm here, so if you ever want to come to Norway...

No comments: