Friday, March 06, 2009

Vlog Day 4 - National Mall, Museums, and Ebenezers Coffeehouse

Breakfast at the Anderson's house was wonderful. You can see the scrumptiousness in the first video below. There are a bunch of videos today because it was such a full day. I slept in, then had breakfast (as mentioned earlier) with some great conversation - great people! Then drove down to the National Mall in DC and wandered around the Washington Monument, the carousel at the mall, the Air and Space Museum, and the National Gallery of Art. You can hear my stories about riding the carousel and getting lost in the Air and Space museum in the two videos. One more thing you didn't know that you wanted to know about Hiram. =) Such a gorgeous day to visit DC, and totally avoided the crowds by coming this early in spring (because Spring is here in DC).

I then drove to Ebenezers Coffeehouse with the great help of my GPS, dropped off some stuff and hung out there for a bit using their wi-fi. I met up with my friend Bryan and his fiancee Heidi for a quick dinner at Johnny Rockets in Union Station and then went back to move my car, soundcheck after Tim Be Told (who are pretty good, btw - you should check out their music online) and play a 30 minute set. The place filled up really quickly, and though I think I would have preferred people to have chairs, I think it was a great show! Some friends from Houghton (Bel and Katie) came out and it was really good to see them. Tonight I'm spending the night with other friends from Houghton, and then off tomorrow to Purcelville - moving right along!




No comments: