Saturday, March 07, 2009

Vlog Day 5 - Virginia

I spent the night with my friends Mike and Tegan last night in Alexandria - it was great to catch up with them and hear what's going on in their lives. I played a mini-concert for them and their friend Leah, and then we went to Rita's for 50 cent custard. Good stuff, though not quite as good as the custard I had near Letchworth State Park up by Houghton in upstate NY.
Taking my leave after custard, I drove the hour or so to the Kucks' house near Purcellville (pronounced closer to 'purcival') up in the hills of northern Virginia. The drive to their house, once I got off the highway, was really pretty, rolling past fields and horse farms. I had dinner with Mr. Kucks and then took off to Patrick Henry College to play a concert.
The concert was lots of fun - students were really enjoying it, and the staff that were there seemed to enjoy it as well. I always enjoy playing, and the atmosphere was really relaxed but attentive. The rest of the Kucks clan met me at the concert (they had been up visiting Lancaster for the homeschool musical production of the Music Man) - it was the first some of them had heard me play.
Here's some video of the day. I'm getting it up a bit late, but it's been great to hang out here with the Kucks.

No comments: