Sunday, May 25, 2008

Recording with Ove 3

Today I slept in until 9, having gone to bed around 2am. So I guess that's not really sleeping in. I did kind of laze around though. The light is lasting longer at night and arriving earlier in the day, so I'm going to have to adjust my sleep schedule accordingly, i think. Or just get heavier curtains.
I recorded with Ove in the afternoon, and we got a few more songs done. I'm mixing them at home and really they're mostly done by the time I get there. Simplicity is wonderful.
We also tried (on my recommendation) recording drums, vocals and keyboard live (only working with two inputs here), and it turned out pretty well. I wanted to try recording the electric organ that's sitting in the church and hasn't been played in year. Ove wasn't too sure about the idea, but was pleasantly surprised with how it sounded in the mix. I think he's hooked.

No comments: