Saturday, May 03, 2008

Sing for your Supper

EDIT. For some reason this post didn't post properly.
Today I went into Odda and won a karaoke contest. Pretty cool. Turns out the prize was dinner for two at a local restaurant - China House - to the tune of 800 kroner ($150). I think they serve Chinese food. Shows you how expensive eating out can be here, and I'm told that's common.
Understandable, when a hotdog goes for $8. The hotdog that you get at the gas station, that is. And a hamburger is $10 - without the bun. Pretty crazy. So sometime in the next week or two or three I'll have dinner with my friend Tommy, who was the runner-up in the contest. Works out pretty well.
What songs did I sing, you ask? Stand By Me - Ben E. King, and I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - U2.

No comments: